Sunday, December 14, 2008

Second attempt

We tried another photo shoot. I'm trying to get little naked shots of Hannah(so cute!) but when I take her clothes off, she wakes up. I even heated up the room first with a portable heater. How on earth do people capture naked newborns? Maybe I should try nursing her to sleep while naked. But then she'll pee on me. She does that a lot. Any suggestions? Here is the result of that day. Just one turned out, even though her eye is half shut. I still think it's cute!

Meanwhile, this is her favorite napping spot. She's in a sling if you can't tell. I don't mind except after about an hour, my back gets tired. I do like the fact that I can use both hands and help Natalie do stuff while Hannah gets a nap close to her mama. Natalie doesn't even notice she's there. In fact the other day I was reading her a story on the couch and she said, "Baby Hannah go? (as in where did she go?)" and I pointed to her sleeping on my chest and was like, "she's right here!" haha.

Natalie is doing ok with the adjustment to big sisterhood. She does fine until she wants me and I'm busy with the baby. Especially nursing. Everytime I sit down to nurse (which takes about half an hour) she suddenly wants to hold me and gets all whiny. So I have her get a book and sit by me and we cuddle and that helps.

Not to complain but to journal, it's been rough the past couple of days as Hannah has been a very cranky baby. She hasn't slept too well during the day (thankfully at night she is doing great--waking up every 2-3 hours to nurse then goes back to sleep) and whenever she's awake she cries a lot. Hopefully that will improve and she'll go back to how she was before.

I won't indulge you with the details, but I developed a HUGE infection at my stitches site and had to go in to have it "taken care of." I'm also now on antibiotics and I'm wondering if they are making Hannah a sad girl. I was in a lot of pain and now I am pretty much back to my normal self, which I am SO grateful for. Yay for modern medicine.

Anyway, not much else is going on around here. We are all waiting anxiously for Mark to be done with his finals on Wednesday. He will finally be able to come out of his study room and be with us as a family! Hooray. We are going to have a great three weeks with him out of school.

TTYL!

8 comments:

Stock Family said...

I'm anxious to see how Daisy is going to do with a new baby around. She loves babies, but she wants to help too much! Slade was so laid back and didn't really care when Daisy was born, but we all know girls are not like that!! Hopefully Hannah will return to her normal self when you are off antibotics. Such a bummer to get an infection! How aweful!

Marisa and Rob said...

Love the pictures!!! She is so cute!! :) I'm sorry about the infection :(

Amberly said...

Ah... finals. So glad John is done with those. Sounds like you have busy house!

Brandis said...

Oh, man, I'm cringing. I hope your infection is gone. That's lousy! The pictures are cute! Sleeping newborn pics are tricky. I had to try several times at different times of the day to get good sleeping ones of Kaida. Good luck! :)

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I just love how the family room looks its usual messiness behind you :).
How do you get such good shots of yourself? Sheesh, no one would even guess you just had a baby.
You could always wear a poncho until it is time to put Hannah down to take a picture! That way she won't pee on your clothes. Just your poncho. hee hee.

Katie said...

Mmmmm, love the picture! Super cute. Cute cute cute! *kissy noises directed towards baby Hannah*

jon♥kara said...

Super cute! The world needs more cute redheads. Sorry about all the infections and unhappy babies hopefully things turn up with Marks help with his break. I love breaks Jon is so much happier than when he's constantly studying.

The Ayers Family said...

I want a doll house like that for ME! SO cute! I've never taken "naked" shot of my boys except for the bathtub... I think I would rather be pee'd on by a girl than clean up an entire 10 foot radius of pee from a baby boy!