Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hannah turned 5

IMG_5617
Hannah had a birthday in November, which was oh so exciting. The big 5. Where did my baby go? Anyway, she wanted to have a pink party, so here are the pics!
IMG_5615
These streamers were fun to rip down afterwards.
IMG_5618
Pink wonderland. Thankfully, my sister Melanie showed up early and helped me finish decorating.
IMG_5622
Pink food and dishes. I loved the pink straws.
IMG_5635
All the little girls wore pink. So cute.
IMG_5623
Pink vegan cupcakes. Nobody blinked an eye.
IMG_5657
Hannah can be quite silly when she is around friends or is getting attention. Both were happening in this picture. She stayed like this for the whole HB song.
IMG_5682
Presents. It is quite the event, with everyone pressing in further and further to see better until there is no room for the birthday girl. haha
IMG_5667
Big girl Emily enjoying the cupcakes. It was a fun party. Thankfully I was in my second trimester for it with my extra energy. If I had to that in the first or third….it would definitely have been a simpler party!

At age 5 Hannah:

  • has lost 2 teeth (as of yesterday)
  • can say all of her sounds except sh, ch, and r
  • LOVES preschool
  • is developing her sense of humor. She makes us laugh often. 
  • can play Twinkle Twinkle on the piano
  • knows her letters and numbers
  • can read very simple books with sentences such as "Mat sat on the cat." 
  • Physical touch is her love language. She thrives on tickling and cuddling. She responds better to disciplining if I'm rubbing her arms or back while I do it. 
  • She is getting taller but not taller than all her peers like Natalie was. She is about average. Still very slender. 
  • She likes to sleep in just a shirt and panties. Even in the winter. The part of the winter that was cold. 
  • She is a special girl who we love having in our family!

0 comments: