Thursday, November 12, 2009

a healthy dinner

I made quinoa and butternut squash casserole tonight. I had those two ingredients on hand so I googled them to see what recipes were out there and found this. It was SO good. The first few bites were interesting because you have to get used to the quinoa flavor (sorta nutty/brown rice-y) but after that it was delicious. A very healthy dinner choice if you're looking for more.

Oh, I added a sprinkle of garlic powder and threw in some minced fresh basil before baking.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

seriously? you had those two ingredients just on hand?? Such a good mom. My two ingredients on hand are like... cereal and macaroni... guess I need to get me some cooking skills

Emily said...

hmmm...I've been thinking about doing something with quinoa ever since by neighbor brought me a taste two weeks ago! I agree with you- it took about two bites to get used to the flavor and then YUMMMYY!