Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Emily's first few weeks

Well, Emily is three weeks old now. She is just a doll and we love her to pieces. Here are some pics so you can see what we've been up to.

Today was her first bath. Yes I know, I waited a while. We washed bits and parts of her here and there, but this was her first full bath in the tub of water. She loved it as far as I can tell. She just sat there and enjoyed it, silent and still as a mouse. Natalie was my photographer for the event.


My dad meeting Emily for the first time. Grandpa is a big favorite around these parts.
Here is what the girls do every time Emily is awake. This does not exclude nursing, which gets a little annoying. They smother her with kisses and hugs and caresses. They love her so much, and I encourage it as much as possible. I'd rather have kisses and hugs than pinches and whacks!


She has been such a good baby. She only cries when she wakes up and is hungry or needs a diaper change. She is really sensitive to diaper soiled-ness, which was how Han was too. She grew out of it, as I'm sure Emily will. We are going through a lot of dipes and wipes. She responds really well to being swaddled and will often calm down just by being wrapped up tight. Sometimes she even drifts off to sleep like that (if nobody is poking her in the face). I just can't help but kiss her all day long and breathe in her newborn smell!

2 comments:

Jody Weiss said...

How sweet! She is beautiful!

MP Flory said...

That Grandpa picture is adorable. Frame it!