Monday, January 14, 2013

More Christmas

This year our extended Kleven Family Party was a breakfast/pajama party, so I let the girls open their Christmas pajamas early for that night. We’ve never done the pajama thing before, but I thought I’d start it this year when I found some killer deals on pj’s on Black Friday. The girls were so cute and felt so funny going to the party in their pajamas.  We had dinner/breakfast and then there was a small program with some talents and songs, then a nativity presentation with some songs mingled in. Natalie and Brooklyn sang “When Joseph Went to Bethlehem” at the appropriate spot and did so well! I was impressed, especially because Brooklyn learned all the words that very day leading up to it.

 

DSCN0088

Our tradition of singing “C is for the Christ-child,” a lesser known Christmas song, is one of my favorites. The kids hold up their letter when we sing about it, and there are plenty of stars for lots of other kids to hold as well. Natalie and Brooklyn got letters this year!

DSCN0092

Hannah entertained herself for quite a while sliding around on the smooth floor.

DSCN0094

Natalie’s class had a reindeer party and I went to volunteer for it. The kids rotated around to different stations doing different crafts or activities that had to do with reindeer. They were so cute! Some things I learned about kindergarten teachers: They must have a lot of energy and a sense of humor. Wow. It was fun to see Natalie interacting with the other kids. SOmetimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch my kid all day but since I can’t, this is the next best thing.

DSCN0096

The temple lights were beautiful as usual. We were chilly but it wasn’t too bad. I picked up some hand warmers at Target a few days earlier and they were most helpful.

DSCN0105

One of Emily’s favorite things it to walk along a curb and here Hannah is helping her along.

P1020511

 

P1020515

The models. Hannah was swinging her hair around.

P1020531

Here is the annual Hatch Family Christmas party. It happened to be on the same night as our stake Christmas concert that I was playing my flute for, so I couldn’t make it. But Mark and the girls went and had a great time! The talents were wonderful, food delicious, and company just splendid. I was able to pop in for the last few minutes and got to say hi/bye to many.

P1020526

Some cute little reindeer.  Uncle Randy has a tradition of leading the kids in “Rudolph, the Red-nosed Reindeer'” and this year they all wore antlers. They are all getting so big!

1 comments:

Bethany said...

Cute cute kiddos. I'm still amazed I haven't run into you at school yet! And HA I got those same cupcake pajamas for my girlies this Christmas they are so cute and glad I went shopping on black friday 5$ can't beat that :)