Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Huff and puff

Well, today I exercised for the first time in like, 6 months. Yikes! It was so wonderful. My gym membership is still frozen till Feb 1st so I can't work out there or weigh myself until then (I don't own a scale), so I did a home workout. I worked out my legs and abs and then jogged around the house. Nice huh? I ran in place in front of the tv while watching a show, and during the commercials I ran around the main area of our house. It's a loop, so I never had to turn around. It was actually kind of fun. Good for me. I also ate pretty well today and didn't have any treats and just a tiny bit of processed food. It helped that I went to Sprouts last night and bought dried fruit trail mix and fresh blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries to snack on. I also made healthy bran muffins today for another snack option. It's all about having healthy choices, folks. The evil nutter butters were hidden away in the pantry and they did not tempt me even once.

Just fyi for those of you who have been wondering--the weight loss goal on the side is only 4lbs below what I was at when I got pregnant with Hannah. So I'm setting a realistic goal and hope to reach it in 4-6 months. Slow and steady is the name of the game. Plus I'm breastfeeding like, all the time so I need lots of calories for that. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my milk supply since I want to nurse long term. Of course it takes a lot of calories to make milk, so that's in my favor as well.

Thanks for reading. If you made it this far you deserve a cookie (a healthy one of course)!

Oh, this webpage is so cool. It helps put calorie counting in perspective.

5 comments:

Amberly said...

Good for you Alisa! Counting calories is SO hard! I just started doing it again a couple weeks ago, and I already feel slimmer.

Matt and Maggie said...

Wow, so good for you. I am waiting for the opportunity to hear my doctor give me the OK to work out. I've got a short while yet. Sadly, I won't have enough time before my brother's wedding in February. At least I'll be done with the postpartum stuff by then. GOOD LUCK

The Burnhams said...

Alisa you are my hero! I am so proud of you for doing a home workout! It's so funny because it's like you and I had the same day...I ALSO did a jogging session in front of my tv and ran around my house during the commercials! And then I made bran muffins!!!! Crazy health nuts we are:)
Love, Karlie

Stock Family said...

I am not looking forward to getting baby weight off... Its always so hard for me when I'm nursing. But, you are awesome and I will be checking to see what kind of stuff has been working for you.

Erin said...

I am so impressed! I pictured you running around the house and thought..."My house is a loop (a very small loop, but a loop)...I could do that!" Now, I just have to actually do it!