Sunday, February 24, 2008

Curls!

I love having a little girl. She and I are going to spend hours upon glorious hours playing barbies, play-doh, paper dolls, dress-up, and other girly games that I played with my sisters when we were little. Of course....when my mom tried to play with us we would say, "moooom! you're doing it wrong! Barbie doesn't say that!" so eventually she would leave us to our imaginations. But it will be different with my child! We will play together and have a great time. She will also always be nice to her siblings, do her chores, and when she's a teenager she'll share all the details of her life with me. Yes....ok I'm kidding myself. Those things probably won't happen. But I hope she at least lets me do her hair all cute like I've been doing lately.


We tried sponge curlers. It was cute but her hair went straight again after a few hours. If we do it for something real I'll have to use hair spray. Do they make hair spray for little kids?

Ta ta for now. I've got lots of fun stuff documented in photos, I just need to find the time to blog them all!

5 comments:

Brandis said...

How fun! :) I think Ashtyn was 3 before she had enough hair to put in curlers & she hated them so we never did them. :) She loves to have her hair curled now. I don't know about specific hairspray for kids, but I got some Garnier Fructis aerosol spray (not very environmentally conscious of me, I know) and it works GREAT on Ashtyn's hair, which is very fine & soft. And it's cheap, which is always a plus. :)

Amberly said...

the curls on just the top of her head is so funny!

if you want to see what it would be like to have your daughter tell you everything you should see this movie- I Could Never be Your Woman, with Michelle Phiffer. it's hilarious. i just watched it and i loved it.

The Ayers Family said...

Is there enough hair to perm yet? With a hair stylist for a mother you can bet I'd had my fair share of them as a toddler! You could use perm rods and papers with just water to get super curls for a special occassion, or whenever she'll sit long enough!

Brooke said...

Alaura's going to be perfect too ;)I love the curls, I don't think alaura would sit long enough for me to get them in her hair, if she did, there's no way she'd leave them in long enough to dry. I really want her hair curly...

Mandynilla said...

Oh Alisa i love it. how cute, she is sooo adorable. You are having so much fun with your little girl. WE should get together sometime and have a play date. good luck with law schools! hee he. ha ha Love, Melanie Smith