Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yogurt, Eagle Scout, and us

The health update from the Simonson clan: I am completely recovered from strep throat (although I got my throat culture test results yesterday from the dr. and as it turns out, it wasn't strep after all.....) and Natalie is almost better from her cold. She still is hanging on to that deep, chesty cough though. Poor little gal. Her molars are coming in, so she's been really clingy and all I hear all day is "mama, mama, mama, mama!" I let her try eating yogurt by herself for the first time the other day. I figure if she's going to learn how to use silverware she's got to practice, right? It made such a mess! I think she enjoyed it though.


My brother Devin just got his Eagle ranking in the scouting program. He finished it barely in time for his 18th birthday. :-) Apparently he has quite the reputation in the troop for being accident prone and forgetting stuff. One time they went on a campout and he forgot to load up his stuff when they left to drive back. When he got home my mom noticed he didn't have anything with him, so a leader was kind enough to drive all the way back for his neat little pile of camping supplies, including a tent, that was still sitting in the woods. Stories were told of Devin falling out of trees, being injured on a tube being pulled by a boat, and hiking down a canyon in his underwear. He is something else! We are really proud that he worked so hard to get his Eagle, though. He is a guy that gets things done, and he really cares about other people. He shows kindness and compassion and he is a wonderful uncle to Natalie and Brooklyn. Congratulations Devin!

Natalie recently has been making some funny mouth shapes while saying "uh oh." This is the "oh" part.
My love and me. If you look closely you can see that his eyes are two different colors. The left eye is blue and the right is green.

We are still waiting to hear back from law schools. At the very bottom of my page the schools are listed where Mark applied. I tried to get it to go on the side but it's refusing. We should be hearing back by the middle of March, so not much longer! We'll keep updates on our blog.

We love you all!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

1. CUTE picture of natalie eating yogurt!
2. weird about marks eyes... i never knew that!
3. I may be partial, but I hope you go to University of Oregon!!!! We'll be there this fall!!!

Amberly said...

I hope you guys go to Lewis and Clark! That way you are in Portland with us. We'd both move out there this fall. How cool would that be? And hey, you might even fall in love with Oregon and stay. You'd be our first successful recruit.

-John