Friday, February 29, 2008

A random act of kindness

The other day I was in Walmart buying a few groceries for dinner that night. The cashier rang up all my food and I paid with my debit card. As I turned to go, the lady behind me in line noticed that a seasoning packet was left in my basket and did not get scanned or paid for. I was glad that she saw it because I needed it for dinner. It rang up at $1.00 even. As I reached into my purse to see if I had a dollar, the cashier quickly said, "I'll take care of that" and proceeded to pull a wad of cash from her pocket, took out a dollar, and put it in the cash register for me. It was only a dollar and I could have paid, but that stranger was kind enough to cover it and she didn't even know me! I was touched by the kindness that she showed. Kudos to Walmart for hiring a stellar employee. I only wish I noticed her name so I could call and let someone know what a great lady she is!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That's pretty cool!!! It's nice to be reminded that the world isn't all bad...sometimes it's easy to forget, especially when you turn on the news

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Especially at a Wal-Mart!

Brandis said...

how cool is that!! good to know there's good people out there

Marielle said...

What a way to make your day. As you said it wasn't much but the gesture made it so much more meaningful.

Marielle
p.s. I love natalie's curls!