Sunday, September 5, 2010

How I'm feeling

So just a little pregnancy update. I am almost 13 weeks, and looking chubby. Gotta love the stage where regular clothes are getting too tight and maternity clothes are too big. All I want to wear are exercise pants. I'm all about comfort during pregnancy.

We are getting an ultrasound in a couple of weeks to date the pregnancy. I have had a couple of quick u/s at the midwife's office just cuz she has a portable machine to check out the baby but it's an old machine and it is not very detailed. So my "real" u/s will be at 15 weeks so hopefully we'll find out the sex! Same thing happened with Hannah and we found out about her at 14w. Then I'll have the real diagnostic one at the regular 18-20w mark.

I have been totally and utterly exhausted. I have stopped exercising and started napping at the same time as Hannah. Hopefully I will be able to start exercising again now that the first trimester is over but so far I haven't felt much of a difference. Other than the fatigue, I feel pretty normal. My same ol' pregnancy symptoms-greasy face/hair, breakouts, heartburn, and the return of a lovely vericose vein I got at the end of the last pregnancy. It's on me bummy so not that fun to sit on hard surfaces for very long. When orchestra starts up again in Oct I will take a pillow to sit on. Still awaiting that lovely time when my leg hair goes all fine and soft. That's my favorite thing besides feeling the baby. :-)

Anyway, on to trimester #2! Bring on the best stage of pregnancy. Oh, I have felt the baby move a couple of times. Can't wait for the kids to feel the kicks!!

I remember when I was preggo for the first time, I thought that it wasn't as interesting or cool for women who were on their second, third, etc pregnancy. But I find myself just as excited. I still read preg websites and books and want to talk about it with people. Wish I could have told myself that back in the day! Any new life is much anticipated and exciting.

3 comments:

MP Flory said...

How exciting! I didn't know you were expecting. Congrats! You are going to fill that house with NOISE!

Parker and Alexis said...

That is so neat you are having another baby!!! Congratulations!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I think it's great to be just as excited for #3 as you were for #1 and 2 :) I love hearing about women that look forward to more children

oh and "bummy" totally made me laugh out loud! ha!