Sunday, September 5, 2010

A mommy vacation

Back in June, I took a vacation all by myself to visit friends in Provo, UT. It was sooooo refreshing and relaxing and wonderful and fun and everything I needed. Some highlights:

Visiting my old stomping grounds at BYU. It's been a couple of years since I'd been there but it was still the same ol' wonderful campus.
Hanging out on "the slab" which was a place I had many a study group session in my beloved fine arts building.
The classroom where I had all my flute master classes. Brought back a lot of fond {and not so fond} memories.

Stayed with my dear friend Emily Rosell who is such a beautiful and wonderful person. I miss her.

We also got to see another dear friend Christine and her new baby. He was sooooo cute and made me excited to have another. :-)
We visited, hiked, practiced photography, made cookies, went out to eat, got facials, went to the movies, did a temple session, all without having to figure out what to do with the kids or stop for naps in the middle of the day. So refreshing!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Yay for mommy vacations! I do those periodically too. I consider those a "mommy necessity".

Emily said...

I loved seeing those pics...especially the ones of you in the HFAC and with your cute roomies. Good 'ole Provo. Glad you got to do that.