Friday, July 11, 2008

20 weeks

Here is my 20wk belly. It feels big, but I know it will get SO much bigger. It's nice to be halfway, especially because of the fact that the first half FLEW by. This baby will be here before I know it. She is now 11oz and 10 inches from crown to heel (or 7 from crown to rump). I'm much better this time around at guessing her position by where I feel the kicks. With Natalie, it wasn't until I was over 30wks at least that I could tell where her feet/head/bum were. I can figure out with this one which side her feet are on, or if she's right side up. It's so fun!


By the way, do you like the skirt I made? I got this kind of fabric at Joann's that is supposed to be made into a smocked tube top dress:


I sewed it together, hemmed the bottom at about knee length, and viola! I've got myself a cute maternity skirt for $9. It was so easy and it's really comfy. It stretches over my belly and nobody can tell with a shirt over it. I got fabric for one more, which is another project that I need to tackle one of these naptimes.

One of my pregnancy woes is really bad headaches. They are unique pregnant headaches and last for a few days at a time. In fact, last night I had one and Natalie happened to wake up, so Mark was a dear and got up with her. He ended up sleeping with her most of the night on the recliner chair, something he used to do when she was a newborn. What a great husband I have.

8 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Oh Mark Boo! And what a crafty, pregnant gal you are! ;)

Amberly said...

You're preggo picture is so DANG CUTE! You look so pretty, and you are totally glowing with pregnancy!

Marisa and Rob said...

WOW! I love your skirt!! You's so crafty!!! 20 weeks man it's flying fast!!!

Crystal said...

What a great idea, Alisa! The skirt looks really nice on you.

Marielle said...

You are so clever! I may just copy your idea and make me a new skirt.

Marielle

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to see you, Mark and Natalie in Snowflake! You look so cute and wear pregnancy so well. Natalie is a doll! We should get together sometime so her and Griffin can play. That's so funny that you crave pumpkin when you are preggers. It was peas and cornbread for me. You are so talented - sewing, musical, cooking - is there anything you don't do???

Brooke said...

You look adorable!!! I'm going to have to try out the skirt idea!! Sorry to hear about the headaches. My Dr told me to try a tylenol and a little caffine...I never tried it personally, caffine makes me sick, but I've heard a lot of people say it works. I hope they get better.

The Ayers Family said...

Yes, Tylenol and diet coke. That's what helped me with headaches during both pregnancies. Only with Kleven I never did keep the Tylenol down...
Its awful, but true- both my boys can now smell a diet coke from a mile away!
I've heard peppermint oil can ease the pain too, when applied to your temples.
I love the skirt! I might go get me some of that! You could even wear it over a t-shirt as a maternity top!