Friday, July 25, 2008

Tis the Season

I have a confession to make.
Today, I listened to a Christmas CD.
Usually I wait until after Halloween AT LEAST so I don't get tired of the songs before the actual holiday arrives. But today we were driving in my mom's car, and for some reason there was an instrumental Christmas CD sitting there. And somehow it got itself into the CD player.
It was wonderful. It was so refreshing to hear those familiar carols tied to so many memories and good feelings of the Christmas season without feeling the stress of shopping or crowds or party planning. I was able to think of my Savior in an out-of-the-norm way for a little while-in a way I usually tie to a different time of year.
I recommend it.

2 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Christmas in July!!! :) I'm sorry that your back drop didn't work!! That is very upseting! I what it wrong? Were looking forward to seeing you guys next thrusday!!!

Katie said...

Hehehe - I put the christmas cd in there! I too love christmas music out of season. Don't you feel rebellious?!