Sunday, July 6, 2008

What we've been doing

Here are some pictures of things we've done in the past couple of weeks. It seems I have to do one of these posts once in a while to catch up on my journaling. And of course there are tons of other things we do that I don't get pictures of!

Mark bought me roses on our anniversary. It was a really rough day with Natalie and I was exhausted, but I was very happy to have my day brightened by these lovely beauties.
That weekend we went on a Friday night getaway to a nice resort place in Phoenix. They upgraded our room for free to a "view room" since it was our anniversary, and this is a pic of the view. It was our first time away from Natalie overnight, and I was really nervous, but she did great. My mom watched her and said she hardly even asked for me! It was cute when we came home because she first stood there looking at us for a few minutes, then flung herself on the floor and started sobbing. We think she was remembering how we had been gone and then was sad about it. She soon warmed up to us and was back to her old self. So funny!
It was a steep drive up this mountain to our room, and here's our car (on the right) about to tumble down the mountain! Well, it never did but boy was it hard to open the passenger door.
Natalie's cousin Kleven had a petting zoo at his 3rd birthday which we attended a couple of weeks ago, and it was so much fun. Natalie LOVED the animals and kept walking around to them all. I think I accidently bonked this poor brown bunny with my foot as I walked around. I hope it's ok.
Petting the "bock bock bock" as Natalie says.
She's not really sure what to think of this piglet. It was so cute though; it would squeal loudly anytime somebody didn't hold it right.
I went to Scottsdale to visit Melanie and Brooklyn, and along the way we stopped at Sprinkles, this trendy cupcake store. I have heard amazing reports of the deliciousness of these $3.25 bakery goodies, so we had to try one. I got pumpkin flavored (of course), Mel got strawberry with strawberry frosting, and I got a vanilla/vanilla one for Mark. They were amazing! I would recommend it if you're in the area. The only thing I didn't like is that they are the size of regular cupcakes. I would think that if I'm going to spend that much, it should at least be a little bigger!
Well, that's it for now. I'll post another belly shot soon. I can feel the baby almost every day now, but nothing from the outside yet. We found out via ultrasound that my placenta is anterior (in the front of my belly) so it will probably be a while before we can feel kicks through it or around it.
In other news, Mark's cousin Jennie had her baby last Wednesday July 2nd! Her name is Sadie, and I can't remember her other stats. I'm impatiently waiting for someone to email a pic or post one to their blog so I can see this new child! Her sister has red hair, so I'm wondering if Sadie does too. She had a problem with a heart valve so they had to operate on her (not open heart surgery though) on Friday the 4th. I hear that it went well. We are praying for their little family!
Mark has 4 weeks of work left before he quits to start school. He can't wait and we have had a countdown since 14 weeks. :-) We are excited for him to start class.

TTFN!

4 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey that resort look's nice! Sounds like you had a great anniversary! :) Amirra has not done a overnight yet with anyone and I'm nervous for when we do. But it will be good for her to get use to other people beside's ME!!!! :) Thoes cupcakes look and sound yummy! But 3.25 for a regular size cupcake yikes!! They should make them big like the Costco muffin's!!! :) yummy!! I'm excited to see your belly shot!!

Amberly said...

Cool post! Those cupcakes look scrumptious! If there were a store like that around me, I'd be thankful they were so expensive, or else I'd be tempted to buy them too often!

4 weeks til class! Hooray! That's exciting. John has about 4 weeks LEFT of class and work. Then he has finals and we are OUTTA HERE!

Amberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kishpaugh Family said...

Alisa, you look beautiful! How awesome that you are having another baby:)