Sunday, July 27, 2008

Snowflake

We had a delightful trip to Snowflake, AZ last weekend for the Pioneer Day celebration. There's a parade, fireworks, rodeo, town BBQ, etc that's always fun. Mark's grandparents live there, so we stayed at their house with other cousins and Aunts and Uncles. We usually stay in a hotel because there's not enough room at Grandma's, but this year some of the usual family members weren't able to make it, so we had a room at the house. It was so fun! I'll post some pics instead of going on and on about the details. :-) We missed those of you who couldn't make it!

The pics are out of order, but you'll get the idea.
Watching the parade. Natalie liked it, but sat on my lap the whole time.
She liked to pull "babies" around in this little wagon. Playing outside in the yard was her favorite thing to do on this trip.
Launching water balloons.
Catching the launched water balloons. They went so high it was like looking at a tiny colored dot.
The annual races. They have the different age groups of kids race, starting with one-year-olds (we missed it) and then they do a few combo races like daddy/daughter, mom/son, etc. You can see Mark and Natalie towards the right--he's the tall one.
Here they come!
I guess she didn't like it. Or she's sad they didn't win....
She was a little bit of a grump that morning until....
She "ran" the grandparent/granddaughter race with her grandma....And got a lollipop as a treat! That made her very happy. And sticky.


Mark and Natalie hanging out (no pun intended) in the hammock that Judy brought.
Eating a popsicle, or a "dol-ho" as she says it.
Natalie with her cute cousins Megan and Shayla. We think that Natalie sort of looks like Shayla (in the middle).
Helping fill water balloons. She would carry one around and call it her baby until it popped. It was so funny to watch her face as she got all wet unexpectedly!

We had a great time and can't wait to go back next year!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Those pictures are adorable. Her face is hilarious from the daddy-daughter race. That's how she looks at me every day...sniffle.

Matt and Maggie said...

I thought I had seen the blog before. I've now decided I never have. Sorry! I truly lament much more than yourself, I'm sure. I love it! Do you know what happens when you google yourself? Your wedding pics pop up. It was funny. :)
I don't think I knew you got pregnancy headaches too. Did you with Natalie? I hate them and thought I was over them, until last night revisiting my dinner told me otherwise. Awe well.
I'm getting a little bit of a pouch so I'll probably take a pic next week after we find out what we are having. You wear yours very well. :)
I don't know if it would be possible to find this, but "What Not to Wear" has an episode where they dressed several pregnant women. It was probably two years ago... I missed it! I don't have cable anymore, so I haven't watched it in ages. :(
Anyway, enough with the smiley faces... Have a great day!

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey, I'm excited to that I'm reading thoes books!! I can't wait to read the 4th! I hope Natalie is feeling better. Amirra and I will be out of town Thursday-Sunday, so maybe another day we can get together. I hopeyou guys have a great week and we will talk to you later.