Thursday, September 4, 2008

A little surprise

Today Natalie and I went to the ward playgroup at a neighbor's swimming pool. We had great fun, and after we came home, I took off her suit and swim diaper to get her dressed. She immediately took off running around the house which I let her do, mostly so she could get all dry. I kept calling her to come in and get her clothes on, but she just giggled hysterically and ran away again. I am a third tri preggo lady, and I just don't have the stinkin' energy to run through the house after my toddler. So I kept sitting on the family room floor, just waiting for her to come to me obediently to be dressed. ha!

Next thing I knew, I heard her say, "uh-oh." I heaved myself and my large midsection off the floor and waddled into the kitchen where she was sorta squatting next to a chair. This, by the way, is the time of day she usually poops. So I figured she's about to poop, so we rushed into the bathroom where she sat on the toilet for a while. She asked for a book, so I got two and sat on the extremely hard and uncomfortable edge of the tub while we look at each picture in great detail (why did I have to choose long books?). Then she wadded up several pieces of toilet paper and wiped several times. Then we flushed and washed hands. We went out to the kitchen and my ultra sensitive preggo olfactory glands told me that I may have been mistaken about the timing of the poop. Sure enough, I spotted the lovely little surprise on the floor over by the garbage can. Ew!

So after we cleaned it up (I'll spare you the details) I went back to get her clothes and called her again to please come and get dressed. She ran away again, but stopped halfway down the hall. At this point, I heard the unmistakable sound of fluid hitting the tile floor. I turned to look, hoping it wasn't what I thought it was....yep, she peed on the floor. AHHHH! Why couldn't she have done this at the toilet? I said, "stay there!" while I grabbed some paper towels...yeah right. She took off running through the puddle, down the rest of the hall and onto the living room carpet. So I had to clean the puddle AND several toddler sized footprints and then wipe HER down once I caught up. My dear mother finally came in to pin her down while I got her dressed.

And I wonder why I'm exhausted and ready for bed at 8pm! Yawn. Goodnight.

PS Her hives are gone. Finally!

5 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

Ha! Ha! I got a good laugh out of this story!

Matt and Maggie said...

Oh my! Thanks for the laugh. Unbelievable.

Natalie Francis said...

I always love the bathroom stories. They're just great to laugh at when they're not your own :)

Kristina Rich said...

Isn't potty training exciting!!

Amber Larsen said...

That is so much fun! Ha! The things we do in motherhood... you are looking fabulous by the way!