Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Natalie's hives update

Well, the hives are almost gone. She has a few mosquito bite sized spots here and there, but that's about it. We have been relying on benadryl and hydro-cortisone cream and it seems we're about done. As to WHY she got the hives--we don't really know. She didn't eat anything unusual or take any new medicines...in fact she didn't have any medicine in at least a week before the break out. We did have some ants in our kitchen right after that big rainstorm so we sprayed Raid to get rid of them. We're thinking either she got an ant bite and it caused an allergic reaction or she didn't fare too well to Raid. Yesterday I scrubbed down the kitchen to make sure there wasn't any trace of ants or ant killer so that's out of the picture in case it's what caused it.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in her life the next time she gets hives (hopefully not ever!) and see if there are any similarities.

3 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

Poor thing! I am glad it wasn't uncomfortable for her! I

Brooke said...

Poor thing!!!!! We went through that many times with Alaura. They're horrible!!! We took her into Urgent Care the first time it happened because she had bee REALLY sick earlier that day and we took her to the Dr and he gave her an antibiotic shot, so we thought she was reacting to that, then we thought that it was Ibuprofin, red dye, lemons, finally we narrowed it down to the powder they put on plastic toys and stuff...talk about random! It took forever to get the referal to the alergist and by the time we finally did we had figured out what the problem was. I don't want to take her in unless I have to because I'm not crazy about her getting poked a bagillion times. I hope you figure out what it is. Keep benadryl with you all the time so if she does start breaking out again you can catch it fast. That seems to help, and don't let her run around and keep her cool. Other than that we just watched lots of movies and used lots of cream.

Anonymous said...

So sad. It looks uncomfortable but I'm glad it didn't bother Natalie too much. I hope she is doing better today! I love all the new hairstyles you tried on her. So cute! I love your new haircut! Very cute on you. I've been wanting to read a parenting book so I will have to find Love and Logic and read it. Where did you get it?