Sunday, November 2, 2008

photography

So I bought my camera!! I have been saving for some months and finally had enough, did some research, and bought the body and lens on eBay. They should both arrive this next week, hopefully. Now that I have a newborn coming, I want to be able to take some good quality pictures of her and of course of Natalie too.


I don't really know anything about photography. I'm trying to learn about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc, but it's hard to teach oneself. I'm looking for some books or websites that I can look into to learn about it until I can take a class eventually. So, my photographer friends, what can you send my way? Any good websites you have visited? Books you have read? Any photographer's websites you look at for ideas for poses? I would love to know!!

5 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad you got to get it!!! :) I told Rob that I wanted a good camers for when our next kid comes around, but that won't be for awhile, so I have plenty of time to save up!! :) I cna't wait to see your new baby girl!! :)

Brooke said...

Check out the library and check out every book they have...that's what I did ;0)

Joy said...

That's so exciting to have a new camera, I think Heather just bought the same one! I can't wait for her to use it on Dallin :).

Brandis said...

One that I really like is http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/ and another good one is twopeasinabucket.com's photography section. Have fun with your new camera!! :)

Brandis said...

PS just out of curiosity, what lens did you buy?