Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Healthy eating habits

I was watching one of my baby delivery shows and one of the midwives was telling all the pregnant women that healthy moms make healthy babies. So I decided I need to eat more healthy. I did pretty well for a while, but lately I've gotten lazy and am mostly eating carbs and probably a little too much junk food. I saw once on TV that pregnant women crave carbs and this is very true for me. I wanted to include this on my blog so I feel accountable to someone about it. I'm not trying to lose weight (until baby is born of course) but I do want to be healthy and strong to be able to tackle labor and delivery (I'm planning a natural birth again).

Today instead of a bowl of sugary cereal for breakfast I had homemade oatmeal, reliv (vitamin drink), and toast made of homemade whole wheat bread. This kept me full until lunch, amazingly, where I ate a turkey sandwich (I know preg women aren't supposed to eat lunch meat, but I eat it only occasionally which my dr ok'd.) and grapes. I allowed myself one cookie for my one sweet of the day. I snacked on some carrots before dinner, and then dinner was biscuits with creamed tuna gravy with peas. Not the healthiest of dinners, but hey it was quick and I was exhausted.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you made it this far. I think it will be helpful to me to keep a brief journal of my eating so I stay on track with my goal. My plan is this: more fruits and veggies, less empty carbs (like cinnamon toast crunch) and treats.

I feel better already.

9 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Hmmm I had the same "I should eat more healthy" thought today, though not because I am accountable for another body. I thought it as I was plowing through a 5th snickerdoodle. Ah Phooey, you know how addicting those are!

Crystal said...

I agree with putting it on the blog. That will help a lot. Maybe thats what I should do ;) I have very little self control when it comes to refraining from sweets.

Steph (and Bryant) said...

I can't wait to be able to eat healthy again...seems to be the things that sit the WORST with me...dang it! Okay I just saw you want the Canon xti...I have it! Love it!!!!

Steph (and Bryant) said...

I forgot to say how CUTE Natalie is. Her hair is getting lighter and lighter. What a doll!!

Stock Family said...

I bought The Sneaky Chef and started putting healthy food into the food we already eat! You can't taste it, the kids eat it and its really fun!

Stock Family said...

I bought The Sneaky Chef and started putting healthy food into the food we already eat! You can't taste it, the kids eat it and its really fun! Example: I made a meat lasagna and it had cauliflower, zucchini, carrots and sweet potatoes in it and Skylar couldn't tell any difference!

Keets said...

hey lady! You gotta add me to your blog...right now you have Geoff on it so I never go and check it. jamiekieta@yahoo.com

Amberly said...

I didn't prenant women couldn't have lunch meat! Crazy. I think it's great idea to put it on the blog. I love ready about other people's health journeys n such. Good luck!

Brooke said...

I'm trying to do the same thing. My weakness is Pizza!!! I don't know why but I could live on pizza this pregnancy but the scale says otherwise and I know that the white flour is bad for me...other than that I'm doing ok...Good luck with it!!!