Saturday, October 4, 2008

Time on the "marm"

"Marm" is how Natalie says "farm." We went to a little farm place for playgroup this past week, and Brooklyn and Melanie came too. It was so fun, and not really that unbearably hot! (Do you like my optimism?) It was probably only 103 or so, nice. Here are some pics.


Waiting to go inside. They liked this giant pumpkin.

Each kid got to choose a pumpkin out of the pumpkin patch...

And decorate them with stickers. Natalie really liked doing it over and over once we got home.
Here we are feeding the cow. Natalie talks about the cow a lot. It was probably one of her favorite parts.
The sweaty girls sitting on the prickly hay. We did splash water on their faces just before this picture, so don't think it's all sweat! It was a little warm. :-)
Sitting on the tractor together.
And the highlight of the trip was the bounce house. Yep, they spent a long time in here (long for a toddler=10-15 mins) You can see on her face what a good time she was having.



Looking out the window of a little kid sized house. This was another favorite.
Here we are on the hayride. We had such fun--I think we were even getting a breeze.
Natalie sporting her new sunglasses we picked up at Hobby Lobby (or "bobby bobby" in Natalie-ese) for $0.30. Good deal! Plus I don't really care if they get lost or broken.

All in all it was a very fun little farm trip. I'll blog about our zoo trip soon, when I'm not so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Adios, amigos.

5 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

How fun!! I was wondering if that place was open!! I took Amirra there when she was 3 1/2 months and I want to take her back, I just didn't know if they were open yet!! Do you know what time they open? I love the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
What farm is that? Looks like so much fun! We're going to take Andrew on the 18th to the Schnepp Farms in Queen Creek. We've never been there all these years, and we hope it will be fun!
Can't believe it's October already - less than 2 months your new baby will be here! :-)

Bre said...

yeah, it was only just a little bit hot.

Matt and Maggie said...

Priceless are outings like that. Good for you.

Brooke said...

Looks like you guys had fun!!! She's such a cutie! I can't believe you're out in 100 degree weather. I can barly tolerate the weather in the morning when it was 80 degrees. It's been inthe 70's this wee so Alaura and I have been outdoors a little bit more lately...By the way you look cute, can't wait to see the next prego pic! I need to post one too.